Rawfood Discount Store!


I'm going to keep this short as I don't want to be doing too much promotion. But for the past 6 months or so I've been working with a company and developing a brand new website called ShopRawFoods.com. As most of you know, I've been doing the raw food diet since 2003 and have learned so much and really felt like I wanted to move forward in the direction of my passion. As with many of us, we are passionate about raw food and what they can do for us, but just not sure how we want to (or if we want to) make a living with this lifestyle.

There are many ways to start getting into this as a career like teaching, lecturing, writing books, blogging, coaching and more. I thought for a long time how I wanted to move forward and I thought that I needed to start selling raw food and raw food products.

Why did I start this store?
With the economy the way it is and the raw food movement the way it is, I felt there was a niche I could carve out for this business. As we all know the economy isn't what it once was and even though the raw food movement has been around for many years, with the advent of the media it's still in its infant stages but growing fast. Many of the people who are into raw food seem to be older people (perhaps on a fixed income) looking to help aid their bodies in their older years, or younger people who haven't quite locked themselves into a high paying career type job yet. Many of us are strapped for cash. As I was beginning to notice this, I was also going to the local health food store and spending WAY too much money on a regular basis.

I thought how in the world can people afford to eat this way? There had to be a better way. That's where ShopRawFoods.com was born. If I could I would sell all my products for cost, because I want everybody to be able to have access to them. I'm serious. I really don't care as much about making money as trying to make sure that this food is more accessible and affordable to people. My mom for example is into raw food and is on a fixed income and she cannot afford many of the items she really wants to buy. She's a 3 time cancer survivor and it pains me to see her not able to afford certain items because they're just too expensive for her at this time.

Because this type of food is made with love and not run through machines it does cost a little more to make and sell. We've all got used to that. But I'm hoping that if we can get more and more people into this way of eating the demand will rise and the prices will continue to fall.

Like I said if I could I'd sell this food at cost. I just want people to try it for themselves and stick with it. So if you notice all the prices on my store they're low low low. I've been adding products on a daily basis and trying hard to make sure everything is functioning perfectly.

I do apologize for the lack of blog posts lately, I've been heavily in tune with this project and I will get back to my routine blog posts now that most of the hard work is behind me.

You can check out this site here: http://www.shoprawfoods.com. Please let me know your thoughts and what types of products you'd like to see us carry :)

Have you found your passion in the raw food movement yet? Do you see yourself doing it as a career? Where do you see this movement in 10 years?


blog comments powered by Disqus