Putting Your Almond Milk Pulp To Work

I make nut and seed milks about once a week. I usually make almond milk but sometimes I use walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and recently I've been enjoying making Brazil nut milks. You can make milk really from any raw nut or seed. I used to use a soy milk maker machine I bought to do this but I found that the ground up nuts were not ground up as much as I'd like and they were not dry enough either. When I was done, I would have to take the pulp and strain it through a nut milk bag. I figured this was taking too long so I went back to making the milk with my trusty vita mix and nut milk bags. After I'm done with the milk I'll add it to the milk of about 5 or 6 coconuts. It's the perfect sweetness and consistency.

When I first stared and didn't have a dehydrator I would throw the pulp away. What a waste of time. Now after I'm done with the pulp I'll dry it out over night at about 115 degrees. When it's completely dry, I'll then take that pulp and put it back into the blender and blend it up to make a dry almond flour. Then I'll put that into some airtight container and put it into the freezer.





How do I use this almond or nut flour?
I'll usually add as spoonful to smoothies or flax crackers or hamburgers. The uses for your flour are endless. It's a great way to not throw away perfectly good raw food.

How do you use yours?


blog comments powered by Disqus