Inspirational Video...



I thought I would post this video as I really enjoyed it. It really has nothing whatsoever to do with raw food. But in a way it does. I'm a christian so something like this really resonates with me. Although I'm not a very "hard core" christian. But that's neither here nor there.

I think what we're all trying to do with raw foods is 2 things. On the more immediate front we are trying to accomplish some short term goals. They might be anything from losing weight, getting rid of food allergies, trying to overcome or prevent certain diseases, gain more clarity etc.

But then I think we lose sight of the bigger picture. Those are all fine and great but what we are trying to do in a much larger sense is to actually transform ourselves. As David Wolfe would say "become superheros" or to gain our "powers" back. Or in a religious sense to accoplish the will of God here with our lives on earth. We are changing our entire way of looking at the world. We are not our food. Sometimes we get obsessed with FOOD. We are eating this way so we can be healthy enough to fulfil why we are on this planet. Our mission.

Are we doing only what we love with our lives?

And in this way raw food marries very nicely with religion, sprirituality, consciousness etc. I think we all have a higher calling and after watching this video it reminded me that we are here for a much larger purpose and there are people who have much more to bear than we do. We complain if it takes us 20 minutes to make a smoothie!

So I think that we need a broader picture of what we are doing with our lives. We are not our fears, we are not our frustrations, we are not our desire to be raw foodists. It's much more than that. So all that to say I thought this video was really great and inspirational. I hope you like it!

Let me know your thoughts!



1 Comment:

Rose said...

Wow, thanks so much for posting this video, as it is just what I needed to see & hear. I think I have it so rough when small struggles come my way, and I throw a fit and act like a child, when God is just testing my faith to make me grow in Him and make me stronger. I think that I have it so hard sometimes, when truly my struggles are just trivial compared to someone like this man. Thanks for your encouraging words! ~Rose